Thursday 17 March 2011

Mahabhringraj Maka Enriched Hair Oil - Hesh Ancient Formulae

 

Promises:   Natural nourishing formula for thick, strong and healthy-looking, beautiful dark hair.
Provides healthy nourishment to weak hair roots, dry scalp & hair with fair appearance, with extract of maka (bhringaraj), hansraj, gunja, patola, curry leaf, indrayan, bawachi & other herbs and natural oils like avocado, almond, coconut, sweet basil, german chamomile and thyme.

Ingredients:     Sesamum Indicum (Til) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cocos Hesh-Ancient-Formulae-Mahabhringaraj-Maka-Enriched-Herbal-Hair-Oil-Big[1]Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Eclipta Prostrate (Maka, Bhrigaraj) Extract, Extract Of: Adiantum Capillus Veneris (Hansraj); Abrus Precatorius (Gunja); Trichosanthes Cucumerina (Patola); Murraya Koenigii (Curry Leaf); Plyllanthus Emblica (Amla); Terminalia Bellerica (Behda); Centella Asiatica (Brahmi); Vetiveria Zizanioides (Cuscusgrass); Terminalia Chebula (Harde); Citrullus Colocynthis (Indrayan); Curcuma Zedoaria (Kachura); Ocimum Basilicum (Murwo); Cyperus Rotundus (Nagarmotha); Rosa Damascene (Rose); Trigonella Foenum-Graecum (Methi); Psoralea Corylifolia (Bawachi); Nardostachys Jatamansi (Jatamansi), Hedychium Spicatum (Kapurkachri), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Sweet Basil) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (German Chamomile) Oil; Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Mct), Ethylhexyl (Octyl) Methoxycinnamate, BHT, Cl 47000, Cl 61565, Cl 26100.

Directions for use:
Apply Ancient Formulae Mahabhringaraj Maka Enriched Hair Oil regularly on your scalp and hair. For best results, massage gently (do not rub) into the scalp and hair using circular motions for a few minutes and leave on overnight. If oil enters eyes, rinse with water.

Ancient Formulae Mahabhringaraj Maka Enriched Hair Oil contains extract of Maka (bhringaraj) which has been used as a natural source of hair care since ancient times. The formulation combines the goodness of Maka with other trusted herbs, which on regular application provide healthy nourishment to dry scalp and weak hair roots. With a blend of quality natural oils like avocado, sweet almond and coconut, it ensures deeper oil penetration to moisturise and provide thick, strong and healthy-looking, dark lustrous hair. Regular or prolonged use on lighter hair may result in some darkening of the natural hair colour.
Natural essential oils like german chamomile, sweet basil and thyme are soothing and restful. A gentle massage helps relieve tension and so relaxes the spirit.

The TRUTH:   This is my second favourite oil after amla oil, again I know it has some naughty ingredient(s), nevertheless, it works great. I use this also as a pre-poo overnight oil, the smell i a lot more delicate in comparison to amla oil. I do like the smell and the members of my household do not complain at all. One member stated their liking for the smell *shocking*. As they all use to gag and gave me stank look when I use amla.

One way I have used it and find it to be brilliant is when I have in extensions. It works well on the scalp during this time; I do the same pre-poo/bagging either overnight for a couple of hours, then I will co-wash and then M&S the length of my braids, it help to keep my scalp clean and hair strong during the time I have my hair in hiatus. I am will be using this oil in my hair for the next 3 months.

Rating: 5/5

Price: £3.25 for 200ml (www.spicesofindia.co.uk)

7 comments:

  1. great detail. love this review


    missdeeplyrooted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used this oil since the end of Feb 2011, and my hair has become so thick, its totally amazing.It has also stopped my breakage. The reason I know it's the oil is because it's the ONLY single thing I have used on my hair since feb.It works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    How often should I use it and what is the best to put over the hair so that the pillow doesn't get dirty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used this particular oil and have ordered it on amazon so waiting for it. My reply is based on the fact that I have used hair oils all my life as I have rather frizzy hair. In my experience the best way to use any oil is leaving it overnight.You can use a silk cap like the one the link below to save ur pillow:

      http://www.amazon.com/Stay-Satin-Nites-Bonnet-Sleep/dp/B003I5SC72/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1342215188&sr=1-1&keywords=silk+cap

      If overnight is not possible, leave it on for 2 hours before shower/shampooing.

      Using the oil twice a week should be sufficient. You can use it before every wash too if you can. Hope this is helpful.

      Delete
  4. Try Sauda Naturals Hair Treat which contains this oil and Amla without the stickiness and smell. Also can be bought here in the USA. They give free samples.!!!!
    www.saudanaturals.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete