Monday 28 May 2012

Darcy’s Botancials Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme

 

Promises:  Our transitioning creme is a thick, rich and creamy leave-in that will IMAG1555help to condition, moisturize and detangle your hair's new growth to help soften & make it more manageable and healthy.
Our delicious moisturizing creme can also be used to do comb coils to help start dreads. I use it to do comb coils on my daughter's hair and on my own hair during my first attempt at starter dreads.
I hand whip a healthy dose of organic virgin coconut oil, organic aloe vera, and other natural conditioning & detangling ingredients.
No need to add additional fragrance. It's all natural aroma of fresh coconuts with a touch of lemongrass essential oil is simply delightful.
Our Coconut Lemongrass Creme can also double as a body lotion:)

 

Directions:  Apply just a small amount throughout wet or dry hair for healthy conditioning and moisture.
*Use to gently soften and detangle new growth while transitioning to natural hair .
*Use it as a daily or weekly leave-in to naturally condition dry curls & waves.
*Use to add much needed moisture to parched curls.
*Can use to do comb coils.
*Can also double as a body lotion!

IMAG1556

IMAG1559

IMAG1560

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ingredients:   Distilled Water, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Vitamin E, Panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Horsetail, Nettle, & Lavender Extracts, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol (a paraben-free preservative), and lemongrass essential oil.  *Over 90% Natural

The TRUTH: I was given this crème leave-in/moisturizer form Lola form Lolascrib when I wad transitioning, Strange thing is I have manage to get around to trying it out when I was transitioning. I decide to try it out nonetheless when I BC, as I thought it should not matter if used on transitioning hair or fully natural hair, right?

Well I used it on freshly washed hair as a leave-in / moisturizer, I used it after a henna treatment. First thing I notice it that it did not have any slip, I also had to use quite decent amount also. I will be fair but then I was wondering it it was due to the fact I just did a henna treatment, mind you I did DC after my henna treatment for softness and moisture.

Nevertheless, it did not provide any slip and it did not make my hair soft or fell moisturize at all. Anyway, I apply it after I spritz with AVJ and then I seal and twisted up. The next day my hair felt eh but not as soft and moisturized when I use my Giovanni Direct Leave-In…….. I will say this when I undid one of my twist it was well defined and that was a plus. I should have thought then and took a pic……. I do need to get into the habit of taking pics for my product reviews….forgive me!

Nevertheless, i am not sure if it would have worked better when I was transitioning due to the two textures, aiding in making them co-operate. But it sure did nothing for my nature hair texture at all. I was also thinking, if the henna treatment play a part as you know henna can be drying but I did do a moisturizing DC so I doubt it. I do not think this was for my hair……,

As I was not fond of it and had no intentions to use it again, some products I just don’t give a second chance if they do not work others I do and this particular product I was not feeling at all so I pass it unto a fellow forum member.

I rate it a 3/5 because of the twist out definition otherwise to me it really a 2/5.

Rating: 3/5

Price: $12.99

No comments:

Post a Comment