Saturday 13 October 2012

Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream

Promises:  This product is an intensive deep penetrating leave in cream conditioning treatment that is made with pure shea butter and other natural oils to stop and mend breakage, repair split ends, and add manageability and shine with every application. When used daily, this cream helps promote strong, long, healthy hair. Formulated for severely damaged, dry or coarse hair. Reduces frizz, Protects hair from heat damage, Hydrates and moisturizes.

PA121366

 

Directions:  Daily Styling - Apply to towel dried hair.  Work a generous amount of product into hair beginning at the roots to the tips.  Comb through for even distribution.  Do not rinse.  Apply more to longer hair at the ends or problem areas. Leave In Treatment - Apply as directed for "Daily Styling" just after shampooing.  Re-apply and cover with a plastic cap overnight for maximum absorption and intensive conditioning. Frizz Free Hair - Apply daily to split ends or damaged areas.  Comb through and let dry naturally.

Ingredients:   Water (Aqua, Eau), Canola Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chhloride, Glycerin, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Etract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Saliva Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Dimenthicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, DMDM Hydantoin, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Polyqiaternium-4, Polyqiaternium-32 & Mineral Oil & PPG-1 Tricedeth-6, Hydrolyzed Wheat Potein PG-Propyl Silantetriol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans & Sodium  Hyaluronate, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride.

In Review:  I bought this product a number of months aback, as I was and is looking for a back leave-in/moisturizer to my GDLI (Giovanni Direct Leave-in). I have been hearing about the infamous Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in for a very long time, so  I decide to take the plunge and pick up a jar.

First off it smells decent/good, not over powdering, it has a nice creamy rich consistency. As you can see from the [pic] the jar is turn-up-side down and it not coming out, so it is pretty thick.

PA121369

PA121370PA121371

 

 

 

 

I have used this leave-in about 5 times since I bought it and I must say I really like it. You don’t need a lot as it is thick and the creamy consistency makes a decent amount goes a long way.

PA121373

PA121374PA121375

 

 

 

 

As you can see from the application on the back of my hand that it smoothes out the more you rub it into your palm. With that being said it absorbs and smooth into the hair easily and quickly. Giving me soft and pliable strands’ I am really pleased with the results each time so far. My hair is soft, moisturize and when I seal with my shea butter mix the results are the perfect finish to locking in moisture for a number of says.

Now the real test came when I did a Henna session, I decide to put it to the test after rinsing out my henna, doing an oil rinse and DC [steaming session]. You all know how henna can be at times, a little drying, but strong, smooth, frizz free and a hue of colour.

So after the above section on my hair, I section off my hair in about 5 sections [2 at the side and 3 at the back]. Then I got my AVJ and spritz down each section at a time lightly and then apply b/n 5p –10p amount to smaller sections, detangle and then apply my shea butter mix as a sealant and twist up. Finish results [pics]

PA121354

PA121355

 

 

 

 

 

PA121360

 

PA121361

You see the sheen, frizz free, smoothness. It feels soft, moisturized, I had to keep my scarf on to prevent me from playing with my hair. Also this is all the hair I lost from detangling after my whole session, by using the AVJ spritz and adding the cantu shea butter.

PA121380

Not bad especially after a henna session and leaving the detangling until styling time.

Okay finally just in case some one say but you like it a lot so why 4/5? The reason for the mark down is because it has that hard ‘cone’ that requires sulfate to remove. ‘Dimethicone’ is a bad boy and is hard to remove. It’s not high up the list so should not be too dominant but I have to ensure I pay attention to how my hair feels, any builds etc etc. Other than that ‘cone’ I have no complaint, I know there are other naughty ingredients but I am not too fussy. Hope this post was help and stay too for another review shortly ‘Diary Readers!

Rating: 4/5

Prices: £3.99 for 16oz local BSS

26 comments:

  1. I like this product. It can make a mean rollerset and it's inexpensive. Do you use it daily?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There NoLongerSilent,it is a nice product and so true as in being inexpensive. I may tried it on a roller-set/flexi-rod and see how it turns out. I don't use it daily, I may use it every other day depending on how my hair feels. HTH and thanks for stopping by hun :).

      Delete
  2. i too use it, but i ran out need to grba one asap! so glad you done a review on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to get me another jar as a back up as, it works very well for my hair.

      Delete
  3. I had read iffy reviews on this before I tried, and it hasn't disappoint. Other than the the white residue left over sometimes, I have no complaints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it as my leave-in, all I will spritz with either water or AVJ. Then apply Cantu and seal with my shea butter mix. I have never had any white residue. I did read that it does mix well with a lot other products so I just keep it simple when using it. So far good results.

      Delete
  4. Mine wasn't creamy at all, it was very, very runny. So strange. Must search for another one and check it before purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read on one of the forums, can not remember where but I know it was one of the hair forums. Some was saying that the forumlae has changed, hence the quality and the consistency of the cream was different. I am assuming I have the old forumlae, so I intend to get another one before the new formula gets here. This country always have old stock for a while.

      Delete
  5. Cantu shea butter conditioning is very good product. Know all about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it, it is indeed a good product.

      Delete
  6. Shea Butter is a popular cosmetic ingredient that can be found in many makeup, skin, hair, and nail treatments. Although it has only exploded in popularity over the past few years,

    African Shea butter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the product. But as shown in the post is it useful more for the curly hair only?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe it is just for curly hair only, I am sure anyone with any texture can benefit from it. It all depends on what you are expecting in terms of the end results, when using this product. HTH

      Delete
  8. Hope this product works for my hair as well. Any side effects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Side effects? I am not sure what you mean. I have not had any health issue(s) if that's what you are referring to.

      Delete
  9. I bought this for my daughter... at first I loved it...it kept her hair moisturized all day and no residue but then about a week later I notice patches of dry flaky scalp....so im assuming she was allergic to something in the ingredients..... so now I'm on to find another hair creme for her natural hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone! I use Chroma-Art for my natural hair,a new brand from Paris that my cousin brought me.I tried the argan oil and the conditioner : really good products . Usally I'm an allergic person but I have no problems with this natural brand, i check there aren't perfum or conservative. Hope you will like it like me!

    http://www.celiante-jr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this leave-in conditioner. Although I feel that my relaxed hair loved it more than my natural hair I still feel it is a really good product to use. I'll probably always have it in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to try it when I was texlaxed :( lol but my hair is enjoying it in its natural state. I am still on my first jar about half way through it and I bought another one as a back up lol

      It is an awesome leave-in styler and smell nom nom :).

      Delete
  12. Do my hair have to be wet or do it work on dry hair to? Curious .... Just brought a jar yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the regular Cantu Shea butter leave in conditioner have been using it on my relax hair for over 2 years now and my hair is bra strap length. I wouldn't take nothing for it. Luv it!!! On my way to purchase some more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I started my journey with cantu leave in with the argan oil and now that ‘m using the shea butter, I miss it a lot. I find the smell of the cantu shea butter leave in conditioner too sickly sweet and although ‘m almost halfway through the tub, ‘m yet to get used to it! Most definitely gonna b sticking with the argan oil version thank u very much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Strongly agreed! Cantu Products are too good as I also had experience of it.

      Delete